We need your home to be 'safe and secure'. We define this as "You have a minimum key operated lock system meeting BS3621 standards on all external doors and key operated locks for all other exit doors or accessible windows"

At the moment, if you live in a first floor flat or higher, you just need a secure lock (please send us a photo if you are not sure about your lock). We will be changing our wording soon so that the British Standard applies for every property. We will send out a communication when this happens so everyone is kept in the loop.

Did this answer your question?